Loan Originators are the main conduit between you, the borrower, and the lender. They are the ones that take your information and goals and place them into a suitable loan program. After submission of your loan, the originator follows through with lender, loan originator assistants, processors, and title to make sure that everything stays on track and allows you to close on time.
Homewise Financial takes pride in our originators to make sure that they are not only qualified in the different loan programs offered through our lenders, FHA, USDA, and VA, but also personable and committed to working for our borrowers. Rest assured that your loan will receive the upmost attention throughout the process.
Full Job Description
We are looking for a hungry loan originator! You will act as liaison between customers and our financial institution and you will help qualified applicants acquire loans in a timely manner. This is an opportunity to take your career to the next level in a very entrepreneurial environment. We will bring you business and help you market to and connect with your sphere. Did we mention you can work remote?
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Update job knowledge on types of loans and other financial services
- Maintain and update account records
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process
- Οperate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines
- Proven working experience as a loan officer/originator
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/software
- Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
- BS degree in finance, economics or a related field
Job Type: Full-time / Part-Time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work from home!
- Fair Housing regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Loan origination: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Must be currently licensed, through NMLS, in the state that you are selling loans.